[DWJ] A revelation of Time City

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Mon Jul 17 09:17:58 EDT 2006

It seems to me that the guideline we've vaguely been using over
the last years -- which has never been formally stated, I don't
think -- is that for certain books, such as Howl's and Charmed
Life, we are assuming that everyone has read them and that a
certain amount of spoilerage is legitimate, and for other books
we have been putting spoiler warnings at least to cover the big
revelation in the chaotic scene at the book's end. I have no
objection to us all getting together and agreeing on something we
find livable, and using it as a general list guideline.

Lurkers, feel free to speak up other on list or to me privately
about this. How many people here haven't read all of DWJ's books
that are older than the last five years or so? If you haven't
read them, how much would you like to be protected from spoilers?

I think it's legitimate to say that books that are hard to find
(e.g. Changeover) and books that are new should have spoiler
warnings on the posts, but it is true that in many of our
discussions we tend to bring in conversations about lots of the
books, and I have sometimes found it tricky that in certain
conversation I would like to say "oh, just like that thing that
happens in Deep Secret", but don't want to give a spoiler.

And I want to know the reasons behind the naming of Dr. Wilander!

(On an entirely unrelated note, that construction I used in the
first sentence: "I don't think". Does anyone else use it? I'm
trying to figure out if that's a regional dialect saying or me
just talking like a freak.)

-deborah
--
I need to bond with you.  It's part of my therapy.