[DWJ] OT: Diana Hendry

Elizabeth Evans er.evans at auckland.ac.nz
Thu Jul 13 00:56:37 EDT 2006

Melissa said:

I don't let the kids read [The Rainbow fish]. They're all "but it's so PRETTY
and look at the sparkly foil" and I tell them it's Satan's plaything.

Not really, but it's fun to exaggerate and see their little faces wondering
if Mom is once again makin' stuff up.  I probably ruined their lives forever
by telling them the True Story of Lancelot, That Big Jerk Who Wanted What He
Couldn't Have.

Ah, now talking of Lancelot, I have just read some of the books in Gerald Morris's 'The Squire's Tales' series, and really enjoyed them. He doesn't have much time for Lancelot either.
 - I know this is *way* off topic, and can't think of a handle to bring it back, since the closest I can think that DWJ came to the Matter of Britain is 'The Merlin Conspiracy', and as far as I can remember, Lancelot and Gawain didn't feature. (note to self: re-read TMC).

Regards
Elizabeth.