[DWJ] OT: Diana Hendry

Thu Jul 13 00:43:51 EDT 2006

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 23:36:34 -0400 (EDT), deborah.dwj at suberic.net wrote:

>On Wed, 12 Jul 2006, Irina Rempt wrote:
>
>|I've always had a similar problem with _The Rainbow Fish_: give away the
>|thing that makes you stand out in order to make everybody absolutely
>|equal, so nobody is at all special any more.
>
>This is precisely why I *hate* the Rainbow Fish.  Instead of
>finding what's beautiful about all the fish, the one special fish
>has to rip apart his own body to make friends.

Ditto that.  I don't let the kids read it.  They're all "but it's so PRETTY
and look at the sparkly foil" and I tell them it's Satan's plaything.

Not really, but it's fun to exaggerate and see their little faces wondering
if Mom is once again makin' stuff up.  I probably ruined their lives forever
by telling them the True Story of Lancelot, That Big Jerk Who Wanted What He
Couldn't Have.

Melissa Proffitt