[DWJ] OT: Diana Hendry

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Wed Jul 12 13:50:10 EDT 2006

On Wednesday 12 July 2006 19:03, Belben, Philip (Energy Wholesale)
wrote:

> What is the moral of the story? To me, it is that
> there are wonderful things in the world, but we mustn't strive to
> attain them because it will mean we are alienated from society, in a
> life not worth living, until we give them up; and that the things
> that seem so wonderful are not really worth having.

I've always had a similar problem with _The Rainbow Fish_: give away the
thing that makes you stand out in order to make everybody absolutely
equal, so nobody is at all special any more.

   Irina

http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi        Latest: 29-May-2005