[DWJ] list for book

Elizabeth G. Holtrop elizabeth at bouma-holtrop.com
Thu Jul 6 20:18:51 EDT 2006

Mark Allums <mallums at tyler.net> wrote:
  Deep Secret wouldn't qualify as a teen book in the States,
because it contains the f-word.  That alone is enough to
put a huge faction* of people off.

--Mark Allums

*Yes, I meant faction, no 'R'.
  I feel sure I've run into some teen books with the f-word.  Unless  they were all adult books that I read as a teen?  I wish I could  remember.  In any case, the f-word may put off parents, but  speaking quite honestly, its presence in a book was enough to raise my  opinion of the book when I was a teen.  Okay, granted, I was a bit  of an intellectual rebel, and it's probably not a good criterion to use  for list selection in any case....

  E.