[DWJ] list for book

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Thu Jul 6 16:25:19 EDT 2006

Jadwiga said...

>> Fire and Hemlock
>
> I'd replace this with Hexwood, as it is less confusing for the beginning
> DWJ reader.

"Hexwood" is *less* confusing than "Fire and Hemlock"?!  Your brain must
work in a *very* different way from mine!  I found "Hexwood" insanely
confusing on first read, and only my trust in DWJ as a writer kept me going.
And it's *still* confusing to me, though not as badly, and in different
ways.  I really wouldn't put it on this kind of list.

I think my picks would be...

Fire and Hemlock
Deep Secret
Howl's Moving Castle
The Tough Guide to Fantasyland
Archer's Goon

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
israfel at eircom.net
www.livejournal.com/users/dorianegray

"Worst fears realised darling Seth and Rueben too send gumboots."
- Stella Gibbons, "Cold Comfort Farm"