[DWJ] Skiver's Guide ...

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Thu Jul 6 11:39:56 EDT 2006

I think it is just the German page.  I certainly don't remember
it from Amazon.co.uk.

I have spent a lifetime trying to get out of doing my home
world ....

On Jul 6, 2006, at 5:48 AM, liril at gmx.net wrote:

> Just wanted to check when the Skiver's Guide is due (October) and read
> the blurb. Such a nice misspelling in the second sentence (or is it?)
> We have discussed the republishing - I didn't notice it then. Maybe
> it's just on the German amazon page...
>
> Synopsis follows
>

> Synopsis
> This book has the distinction of being the most stolen book from
> public libraries! Anyone who wants to know how to get out of doing
> their home world, the washing up or visiting ancient aunts (or indeed
> any other distasteful activity) should not be without a copy! This
> absolutely hilarious book is wittily illustrated by Ros Asquith. Diana
> Wynne-Jones is one of our most eminent writers of serious fiction for
> children but in Skivers' Guide" she proves she can also reduce her
> readers to helpless mirth. It is not to be missed.

I distrust those people who know so well what God
wants them to do because I notice it always coincides
with their own desires.

                                          - Susan B. Anthony