[DWJ] Skiver's Guide ...

liril at gmx.net liril at gmx.net
Thu Jul 6 07:48:12 EDT 2006

Just wanted to check when the Skiver's Guide is due (October) and read the blurb. Such a nice misspelling in the second sentence (or is it?) We have discussed the republishing - I didn't notice it then. Maybe it's just on the German amazon page...

Synopsis follows

Synopsis
This book has the distinction of being the most stolen book from public libraries! Anyone who wants to know how to get out of doing their home world, the washing up or visiting ancient aunts (or indeed any other distasteful activity) should not be without a copy! This absolutely hilarious book is wittily illustrated by Ros Asquith. Diana Wynne-Jones is one of our most eminent writers of serious fiction for children but in Skivers' Guide" she proves she can also reduce her readers to helpless mirth. It is not to be missed.