[DWJ] list for book

Juliette Curtis juliette at harvestroad.com
Thu Jul 6 02:46:55 EDT 2006

Not Dogsbody. It's one of her very early books and her weakest, IMO. I
agree with your other four recommendations. For the fifth, I recommend
Deep Secret because the emotional upheavals and problems of some of the
characters (Rupert, Maree, Nick) will resonate strongly with teenagers,
both older and younger. Also, it shows DWJ's great strengths as a writer
and is some of the richest, most complex fantasy I have ever read.

F&H is a superb book but consider whether the ending will put the
readers off. I loved the book but the ending utterly baffled me for
several years and I'm still not sure I understand it fully. Not a
problem for older teens but might be a tad sophisticated for younger teens.