[DWJ] Re: the curate's egg

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Fri Jan 27 08:29:04 EST 2006

On Friday 27 January 2006 14:19, minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:
> In <200601271308.03048.irina at valdyas.org>, Irina Rempt wrote:
> >On Friday 27 January 2006 13:00, minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:
> >> Calling something a "curate's egg" is calling it completely
> >> useless, bad all through.
> >
> >Sorry, I didn't know the whole story! I only wanted to say that,
> > indeed, parts of _Twisting the Rope_ were excellent.
>
> Oh, blast, sorry.  I didn't mean to bounce down your throat like
> that.

I understand; it was just that I came home from something that made me
very bouncy (in a good sense, rather like Tigger) and I felt snubbed
and embarrassed.

I was also afraid that people (not you in particular) would immediately
jump on the fact that I'm not a native speaker, however little it
usually shows, and blame that for the gaffe.

   Irina

http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi        Latest: 06-Jan-2005