[DWJ] Best Of.

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Jan 27 05:34:12 EST 2006

Aimee wrote:
> 2. Author I read most of: Robin McKinley.
>  Sunshine (which I thought well written and mostly enjoyable
> but I don't quite get on with necrophilia. My first vampire novel,
> and I suspect it spoils me for others, as it's probably the best.
> Tell me if I'm wrong...).

It's certainly one of the best vampire books *I*'ve read; but I don't like horror much, so that isn't a big field. Dracula is a lot of fun, especially if read after a bunch of other Gothics. I expect there are good vampire novels in the horror genre, but I think they're doing a different thing than Sunshine.
In a similar way I much prefer Sabriel to the few other books featuring zombies I've read, but I can't say I've done a fair survey because I go "ick" too easily. (Although I might just be saying that to lull you into a false sense of security so I can lurch close enough to devour your brain. Mmmm, brains.)
Jennifer