[DWJ] deserved recognition

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Thu Jan 26 19:48:09 EST 2006

On Jan 26, 2006, at 2:51 PM, minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:

> (Knighthoods are a bit more expensive, and to get a life peerage you
> have to have been, ooh, the Prime Minister's "secretary" at the very
> least.  Not that I am cynical about the Honours system, you
> understand...)
>
> Minnow

Lawrence Olivier was a life peer, was he not?

As for knighthoods, you need only have been _outrageously_
successful.  Like Sir Elton John, Sir Paul McCartney, or Sir
Michael Jagger, say.

I distrust those people who know so well what God
wants them to do because I notice it always coincides
with their own desires.

                                          - Susan B. Anthony