[DWJ] Best Of.

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Thu Jan 26 16:08:33 EST 2006

On Thursday 26 January 2006 19:50, minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:
> In <p06230900bffec429bada@[10.0.1.3]>, Hallie O'Donovan wrote:
> >I've been trying all afternoon to remember whether I first heard of
> >MacAvoy on the list ages ago, or whether I grabbed _Tea with the
> >Black Dragon_ on the basis of the title alone.  Which would
> >definitely have done it...
>
> Did it for me.  I'd never heard of her when I encountered that title.
> I've found her other stuff rather less enthralling, so far.

Yes, me too; but I rather like _Twisting the Rope_ too. Bit of a
curate's egg, though; parts of it are excellent and parts are just too
much. Too much of what I can't lay my finger on, I'd have to reread it
for that and the reread pile is a foot high as it is.

   Irina
http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi        Latest: 06-Jan-2005