[DWJ] deserved recognition

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Thu Jan 26 13:59:47 EST 2006

whilst I'm in front of a computer, fleetingly, a small news:

Bristol University Senate has decided to do the decent thing by one of
Bristol's most worthy citizens, and they are going to award an honourary
doctorate to Diana Wynne Jones this summer.

It's about time someone gave a bit of recognition to a brilliant writer.
Downing Street please copy, perhaps?  We don't actually have *any*
children's authors with gongs at the moment, I don't think.  Unless they
gave one to Rowling and I didn't notice.

Minnow