[DWJ] Re: Hilary McKay

Charles Butler charlescbutler at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 2 15:19:32 EST 2006

Melissa Proffitt <Melissa at Proffitt.com> wrote:

  > I think I increased my library by almost
eight hundred books in 2005, so there are a lot of books floating around
that I just forget I have....

  I thought you had a handy-dandy database where all your books (and thoughts about said books) were carefully logged? Don't tell me it's gone the way of Nineveh and Tyre - I've somehow been feeling that your doing that hard work absolved the rest of us, and am now crushed with guilt.

  Thank you to Hallie for her kind words (to say nothing of the proofreading-and-more). What can I say, except that - yes, I too recommend Francis Spufford's book. And should you happen to find yourself next to Death of a Ghost, The Lurkers, or even (most on-topically) Four British Fantasists in some remainder warehouse a couple of years hence, I'll be much obliged if you find them worthy the flicking-through. (Ah, what the hell - they're great  - just great - books. You gotta buy 'em!)

  Charlie