[DWJ] Re: Hilary McKay

Mon Jan 2 14:20:54 EST 2006

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 12:59:02 EST, Devra at aol.com wrote:

>        Yes, she's a fine writer. Some of her other books: Amber Cat, the
>Exiles series (Exiles, Exiles at Home, Exiles in Love). Isn't Permanet Rose a
>pip?

Jacob FINALLY picked up _The Exiles_ on his own and then laughed himself
silly.  So I re-read the series in December.  I did tell him not to read
_Permanent Rose_ (the father's behavior would have made him nuts) but I
loved it so much.  We have _Dog Friday_ which I got for my daughter, but I
don't think anyone's read it yet.  I think I increased my library by almost
eight hundred books in 2005, so there are a lot of books floating around
that I just forget I have....

Melissa Proffitt