[DWJ] 10th birthday!

Mon Jan 2 14:14:08 EST 2006

On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 13:07:15 +0000, Hallie O'Donovan wrote:

>>  > So happy birthday to the website,
>>>and happy New Year to all.  And hoping that someone will kick off the
>>>Year's Best/Worst Books listings soon.  (Should be Melissa, by
>>>Tradition...)  (But no pressure, of course...)
>>
>>I've been thinking about it all week, but have been too sick...<kaff>
>><choke> <aarrcghwkkkptooi>
>>
>>I'm almost done.  Ring in the New Year, eh?
>
>I read this first and thought you meant you were almost finished
>coughing, choking and - er, maybe we should draw a polite veil over
>that last one.  But then saw your other post.  Hope you're feeling
>totally recovered now anyway!

More or less.  My lungs were scarred when I had pneumonia years ago, and as
a result this type of virus is particularly deadly to me.  So it takes a
while for me to recover fully, but I'm at the stage where I can get around
and complain about how filthy the house is and why don't I have the kind of
model children who either don't make messes or clean up after themselves.
Rotten little monsters.  (And the adorable one toddled in this morning and
informed me that she threw up on the carpet, and it was red.  (Not the
carpet.  Red fruit punch.  Overindulgence, not illness.)  But she didn't
catch the virus, which would have put her in the hospital, so I'm satisfied.

Melissa Proffitt