Thanks all! (was: RE: [DWJ] offtopic dialect question)

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Sun Feb 26 17:36:29 EST 2006

On Feb 26, 2006, at 1:19 PM, Gili Bar-Hillel wrote:

> Just for the heck of it, you can see a
> picture of *me* in pigtails at the following URL:
> http://www.notes.co.il/gili/user/Gilimakor1_WEB.jpg

And what a cute little sprout you were, too!

'Pigtails' are more associated in my mind with little girls who
customarily
wear overalls than with little girls who customarily wear dresses ....

'Braids' could be worn by either.

Let us face a pluralistic world in which there are no universal
churches, no single remedy for all diseases, no one way to teach
or write or sing, no magic diet, no world poets, and no chosen
races, but only the wretched and wonderfully diversified human
race.

           --Jacques Barzun