[DWJ] offtopic dialect question

Elizabeth Evans er.evans at auckland.ac.nz
Sun Feb 26 15:50:02 EST 2006

I'm with Sarah on this one, (unlike most of the respondents). Girls only ever have one ponytail but can have 1 or 2 pigtails, which are (generally) shorter than a ponytail would be. Braided hair comes in a plait or 2 plaits (or sometimes, nowadays, lots of plaits, but these are normally called braids).
I'm from New Zealand.

Regards
Elizabeth.