[DWJ] offtopic dialect question

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Sun Feb 26 15:22:51 EST 2006

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006, Gili Bar-Hillel wrote:

|As in the past, I humbly ask the opinion of the people here gathered in a
|question relevant to a particular translation:
|
|When reading a description of a "girl in pigtails", what do you imagine?
|Plaits/braids, or unbraided bunches (ponytails)? And what part of the
|English-speaking world are you from?

Just to be confusing, I use pigtails to mean both braids and
ponytails, somewhat interchangeably.

Eastern Massachusetts, but English Mum who did my hair growing
up, so I'm not sure I'm a reliable source.

Allen's from Tennessee, and he says ponytails, definitely,
absolutely not braids.

-deborah
--
This song is Copyrighted in U.S., under Seal of Copyright #
154085, for a period of 28 years, and anybody caught singin it