[DWJ] Jimmies was Samoa

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Fri Feb 24 10:36:28 EST 2006

My favorite New England weirdness [I grew up in CT] was current in
my youth on the eastern part of the shore of CT and, I gather from
the DARE*, in Rhode Island was "cabinet" for "milkshake".  We would
sit in the Mystic Grill and order "fish and chips and a chocolate
cabinet".
Or was it the Niantic Grill? ....

*Dictionary of American Regional English.  Some [not a lot of] research
tells me that it's up to Vol 4 and "Sk".