[DWJ] Re: Cooper and humor

Juliette Curtis juliette at harvestroad.com
Wed Feb 22 20:33:29 EST 2006

It's not the only joke. There are a few in TDIR in the scenes of Will
and his family, and I dimly remember some in OSUS. I agree that the
drooling joke was lame and that jokes in general seem out of place in
this series.

I read this series almost every year, usually in midwinter. They are
most effective if you read them when you are alone in the house with all
the lights off except for one lamp, with a  fire burning, and with a
glass of good red in your hand. Atmosphere!

Juliette