[DWJ] 1999

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Wed Feb 15 03:18:14 EST 2006

My mother died in late 1998 and most of 1999 was taken up by sorting
things out. I don't think we went on holiday at all, or did anything
memorable. We were still living in the old small house --must have
bought the new one in 2000-- because I remember sitting at the computer
in the old house watching Y2K sweeping across the world and no major
disasters happening.

Oh, and my favourite cookies are Jaffa cakes, but we don't have girl
scouts selling them. Scouts sell oliebollen (deep-fried sweet dumplings
eaten at the New Year), boys and girls indiscriminately; they're
horrible (the oliebollen, not the scouts) and I never buy any.

   Irina

http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi        Latest: 06-Jan-2005