[DWJ] 1999 and DWJ's sense of humour

Ding, Kylie (KAM.RIC) Kylie.Ding at us.kline.com
Tue Feb 14 23:33:46 EST 2006

1999 I left Perth and moved to Brisbane with my husband, as he'd been
accepted to study medicine at UQ.  It was a stressful time, leaving my
family and friends, trying to find a job with the pressure of being the
breadwinner.  There were good times too, the road trip across the
country, exploring a new city, Lifeline book sales.  And the wonderful
Brisbane Library, combined with Alexlit in its heyday gave me much new
reading.

I joined the list right away of course.

My husband pulled out of medicine after a couple of months.  When he
couldn't find work in Brisbane he ended up working at a uranium mine in
the Northern Territory.  Where he shacked up with some little tart.  We
are no longer together.  I am still bitter.

My favourite biscuits are no longer made.  They were Choc Galores - a
really yummy biscuit with a thing coating of chocolate.  You can get
plenty of things like them, but the biscuity bit was particularly tasty
and combined really well with the chocolate, and everything that looks
like them has been a big disappointment taste-wise.

Kylie