[DWJ] Other Authors - and 1999

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Tue Feb 14 20:26:27 EST 2006

On Tue, 14 Feb 2006, Roger Burton West wrote:
|On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 09:15:19PM +0100, Ulrika Isacsson wrote:
|>In 1999 I was half way through my Engineering studies and met my Significant
|>Other (calling him boyfriend sounds a bit too unserious considering that we
|>live together and have a daughter....but I can't really think of a good
|>title right now).
|
|If you can't come up with a title then we'll have to fall back on
|"posslq", which the U.S. Army came up with a few years back: "Person of
|Opposite Sex Sharing Living Quarters". :-)

We say "partner", though that has led to a few humourous
incidents in which people have assumed Allen was female.  Those
have become less common in the last couple of years, of course,
Massachusetts being a place where "partner" is no longer a
necessary term for same-sex couples.  *g*

ObDWJ:  ...search me.  I'm stumped on this one.

-deborah
--
What does it matter whether we hang,
If we've learned a little wisdom?	-- _Jade_, Sally Watson