[DWJ] Sorry sorry sorry!!!

Judith Ridge Judith.Ridge at det.nsw.edu.au
Tue Feb 14 19:27:45 EST 2006

On 14/2/06 9:32 PM, "Emma Comerford" <emmaco at tpg.com.au> wrote:

> At 11:08 AM 14/02/2006, Juliette Curtis wrote:
>> I'm amazed that you didn't mention lammingtons!
>> Juliette from Perth, Oz
>>

>>> As for an Aussie equivalent to girls scout cookies, there isn't one,
>>> although schools and clubs like scouts and guides sell boxes of chocolates
>>> for fundraising
>>>

> I must respectfully disagree here, as I trudged around selling girl guide
> biscuits as a brownie, and recently bought a box of the same type of
> biscuits (15 years later!) from a guide stall at the shops. They're sort of
> sugary butter bookies with the guide logo on top. Maybe it's a Queensland
> thing?
>
> Emma from Brisbane :)

Really? I stand corrected. Maybe it's a Girl Guide thing, rather than a
Brisbane thing‹I've had no association with Guides and I've never come
across the biscuits (I do hope they were called biscuits!).

Judith, who still wonders if it's true that Brownies had to wear brown
knickers.

--
Judith Ridge
Assistant Editor (Acting)