[DWJ] Other Authors - and 1999

carrie at pitofdespair.org carrie at pitofdespair.org
Tue Feb 14 18:14:27 EST 2006

1999 was a good year for me.  I spent the first few months of the year in
France, where I was in theory working, but mostly not doing very much other
than eating good food & skiing at the weekends.  My (otherwise very nasty)
bedsit there had a 1m wide windowsill which made a great place for reading in
the sun.  After that I temped for a few months before starting at uni, where I
met my boyfriend (posslq!) and the friend who introduced me to fantasy novels.
The only book I specifically remember reading that year is the Grapes of Wrath.

I rediscovered DWJ in 2002 and joined the list in 2003, where I have lurked ever
since.

Caroline