[DWJ] king of attolia

Emma Comerford emmaco at tpg.com.au
Tue Feb 14 06:28:32 EST 2006

At 05:26 AM 13/02/2006, Hallie O'Donovan wrote:

>Been in bed (w. fever - which has clearly affected my brain, so please
>forgive incoherence) for the last few days, and currently rereading _The
>Dark is Rising_ sequence, so I had a look back at the archives to check
>out some of our discussions about it - and am now feeling quite nostalgic
>for the days when we had rounds of intros every time someone new piped up,
>which was often, and list traffic of 30 or 40 posts a day, and could count
>on Melissa regularly blaming us - or rather, a hot and interesting
>discussion - for having to feed her family grilled/toasted cheese
>sandwiches for dinner.  And knowing a lot of people's food
>preferences/dislikes in general!   (And of course it all related to Gran
>and tea and Polly and fishing it out, and similar triggers.)  And the
>Other Author survey that Nat collated - anyone else remember that?  We
>need something like that again!  Not that I've any wish otherwise to go
>back to 1999 - brrr.

Ah, the good old days :) I have no wish to go back to 1999 either, as that
would mean I still had three more years of uni to go!

I can't remember when I joined the list - I think I lurked a lot in 99 (I
was a shy young thing back then) but only started posting in 2000 (?). I am
too slack to volunteer to run a list wide survey but will happily
participate :)

Emma