[DWJ] Samoa

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Mon Feb 13 22:54:13 EST 2006

On Feb 13, 2006, at 3:57 PM, Judith Ridge wrote:

> Samoa is a country in the South Pacific—how might naming a biscuit
> after it
> be racist? What is the biscuit like?

I seem to remember coconut and caramel, but I haven't eaten any in a
while.

Some of Samoa is American Samoa, so of course we have to be nervous
that we're being racist.  It's easy to do if you don't know much.  _I_
can't
think of any reason why calling them Samoas is racist ....

-----

Power always thinks it has a great soul and vast views beyond
the comprehension of the weak; and that it is doing God's
service when it is violating all his laws.

    - John Adams