[DWJ] Sorry sorry sorry!!!

Judith Ridge Judith.Ridge at det.nsw.edu.au
Mon Feb 13 18:10:50 EST 2006

On 13/2/06 7:28 PM, "Gili Bar-Hillel" <gbhillel at netvision.net.il> wrote:

> Just curious: did you also, simultaneously, send an email to DWJ herself
> detailing what you were doing in 1999 and what you favorite flavor of
> girlscout cookie is (or Australian equivalent)?

I didn't, Gili, but I suppose I ought to send one here! In 1999 I was
working at the State Library of New South Wales on a now defunct national
creative writing program for 10-12 year olds. I was on the DWJ list but
fairly quiet. I had just bought the flat I still live in (and soon it'll be
the place I've lived in the longest in my whole life). I had not long since
discovered Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I was a dress size smaller than I am
now! Can't  think of anything else.

As for an Aussie equivalent to girls scout cookies, there isn't one,
although schools and clubs like scouts and guides sell boxes of chocolates
for fundraising (without the Robert Cormier overtones!). I don't have much
of a sweet tooth and rarely eat cakes or biscuits (and even more rarely do I
eat chocolate), but I do love a moist, chewy Anzac biscuit on occasion.

I have plenty of other vices, but!

Judith

--
Judith Ridge