[DWJ] Other Authors - and 1999

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Mon Feb 13 17:18:11 EST 2006

Sarah:

Hi Sarah - lovely to see you back here again!  (Though a shame about
Alabama, if you're feeling stuck in it.)

>That was a fabulous list! I came across a hardcopy a little while ago
>and it was interesting to read my recommendations from then.

I was just reminded that I'd re-discovered _Bridge of Birds_ thanks
to that list (it having previously been 'that wonderful book with the
cover that looked like that, which was shelved roughly there in the
library two states ago', which just doesn't help you find a book), in
a nice bit of serendipity.  And _Cold Comfort Farm_ came either from
that or the slightly earlier one.  I'd never heard of it before -
imagine life without 'there'll be no butter in hell'.  Or don't!

>Dunno if my name looks familiar to anyone; I fell off the listserv a
>few email addresses (years) ago and just remembered to sign myself
>back up last month. Lovely to see the familiar names!

Very nice to have you back - and hope you'll have lots to share after
so long (lots of books, life experiences, music, food ... it's all
good!)

Hallie