[DWJ] Other Authors - and 1999

Mon Feb 13 14:17:34 EST 2006

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 18:51:41 -0500 (EST), deborah.dwj at suberic.net wrote:

>On Sun, 12 Feb 2006, Charles Butler wrote:
>|  It's just occurred to me that I can't remember anything that happened in 1999. Did that year actually happen? Hang on - oh yes, dim memories are filtering through of arguments about when exactly the millenium was going to end, the Dome, the bug, etc. Surely there must have been more to it, though, than just anticipating the year 2000.
>
>1999:
>- I was finishing my master's thesis on DWJ.  Net outcome: Yay!
>- I busted my wrists from which I have not yet recovered, and was
>  in constant pain -- or was that 2000?  Net outcome: Boo.
>- Was that the year suberic crashed and I had no backups and we
>  lost the archives?  Or was that also 2000?  Net outcome: Boo,
>  except now we have backups.

I thought the crash was in 2000, because I got dumped from the list at the
same time.  But early 2000.

In 1999, I moved to Utah, got pregnant, and spent way too much time writing
to this list.  Or something like that.  I'm sure other things happened, but
clearly they were unimportant.

Melissa Proffitt
(who has far too much to do today and is in denial)