[DWJ] king of attolia

Mon Feb 13 10:16:36 EST 2006

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 18:44:25 -0500 (EST), deborah.dwj at suberic.net wrote:

>I love King of Attolia, too, though there are some places where
>I've decided bits were result of MWT's incredible cleverness that
>may have just been slightly sloppy writing; I haven't decided
>yet.  But I adore her mechanism for continuing her standard
>writing style now that her readers have sworn up and down that we
>will never fall for your shenanigans again, missy, so just watch
>yourself.

My reasons for loving it turned out to be personal passion rather than an
admiration of style--though there was that too.  I re-read _Queen of
Attolia_ just before and found ANOTHER place where she messes about with
words to deceive the reader.  I don't know whether to be annoyed or
impressed that she keeps pulling it off.

I'll have to read it again when it finishes the rounds of people borrowing
it rather than buying it for theirownselves, but it took me days to stop
seeing Gen lying in bed calling out for his wife, so maybe I'll just
postpone it a little longer.

>In order to make poor sick Hallie feel better I will state that
>despite experiementation, I can't bring myself to care about any
>girl scout cookies except for Thin Mints and
>Samoas-I-mean-Caramel-Delites.  But that was a very
>American-centric food post, so bad me.

Did they change the name of Samoas?  Crap.  I placed my order over the phone
by way of my daughter, so I hope they got it right.  Those two are also the
only ones I like, but I understand they now have Gingersnaps and I ordered
one of those too.  Hope springs eternal and all that....

Melissa Proffitt