[DWJ] Interview etc

Judith Ridge Judith.Ridge at det.nsw.edu.au
Sun Feb 12 23:18:27 EST 2006

Dear Diana,

This is a long overdue email‹I realise I never got back to you last year
regarding the interview I was hoping to do. The journal in question changed
editors and I wasn¹t notified, so was waiting to hear about deadlines,
briefs etc., and I didn¹t chase them up as I ended up having a lot on my
plate privately and professionally last year. So first of all, an apology. I
do intend to get in touch with the new editor, and put the proposal again.

In the meantime, we are reviewing Conrad¹s Fate in The School Magazine this
year. (I¹ll be sure and send you a copy. The magazine has reviewed a number
of your books over the years‹I hope copies were sent to you in the past. We
publish an extract from the book as well, and some of the illustrations
we¹ve commissioned to accompany them have been wonderful.)

We¹re also going to be running a ³Meet the Author² feature about you, and I
have asked one of your fans (my niece Lucy, who is 12) to put some questions
to you about the book. I hope you might have time to answer them. (I¹ve left
out the ones I can fill in, such as how long have you been writing.)

Many thanks, and I hope all is well with you.

Best wishes‹questions follow,

Judith

1:After you have finished writing a book, do you start to expect things to
happen by magic?

2:What brought on the idea for the Chrestomanci books?

4:Is there anything in your books that you would change?

5:If you write any more Chrestomanci books, will you include Conrad in them?

6:What's the most magical thing that has ever happened to you?

--
Judith Ridge
Assistant Editor (Acting)

PO Box 1928