[DWJ] king of attolia

Hallie O'Donovan hallieod at indigo.ie
Sun Feb 12 14:26:03 EST 2006

>Has anyone read King of Attolia yet?  I loved it!
>-Katie

Yep, and me too.  But I'll have to reread it, properly this time, in
order to *think* very clearly about it.  I seem destined (nice excuse
for lack of self-discipline there - 'But it was Intended!') to read
all these books in a skimming kind of breathless rush.  Yes, the
books themselves invite that, but then so also did _Passage_ I think,
and I read that straight through, but slowly and with attention, and
not skipping a word.   I think there might have been an attempt to
ponder a question about MWT's writing there, but if I had a point
it's eluded me now.

Been in bed (w. fever - which has clearly affected my brain, so
please forgive incoherence) for the last few days, and currently
rereading _The Dark is Rising_ sequence, so I had a look back at the
archives to check out some of our discussions about it - and am now
feeling quite nostalgic for the days when we had rounds of intros
every time someone new piped up, which was often, and list traffic of
30 or 40 posts a day, and could count on Melissa regularly blaming us
- or rather, a hot and interesting discussion - for having to feed
her family grilled/toasted cheese sandwiches for dinner.  And knowing
a lot of people's food preferences/dislikes in general!   (And of
course it all related to Gran and tea and Polly and fishing it out,
and similar triggers.)  And the Other Author survey that Nat collated
- anyone else remember that?  We need something like that again!  Not
that I've any wish otherwise to go back to 1999 - brrr.

Hallie