[DWJ] my years' best list

Farah Mendlesohn farah.sf at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 11:55:12 EST 2006

Truly, these are simply the books which lingered in my mind. There are
others which I enjoyed, but these are the five which I kept mentioning
to people:

Reeve, Philip. Larklight, or, the Revenge of the the White Spiders! Or
to Saturn's Rings and Back! A Rousing Tale of Dauntless Pluck in the
Farthest Reaches of Space. As Chronicl'd by Art Mumby with the Aid of
Mr. Philip Reeve. Trans. And Decorated Throughout by Mr. David Wyatt.
London: Bloomsbury, 2006.

Butler, Charles. The Lurkers. London: Usborne House Publishing Ltd., 2006.

Daley, Michael J. Shanghaied to the Moon. New York: Putnam & Sons, 2007..

For older readers:

Price, Susan. Odin's Queen. London: Simon & Schuster, 2006.

MacLeod, Ken. The Highway Men. Dingwall, Scotland: Sandstone Vista, 2006.

Also Karen Traviss's Triple Zero. Traviss is a brilliant writer for
teens, concerned with loyalty, honour and hard choices. Don't be put
off by the fact that this is a Star Wars book. Traviss has been
educating me out of my wookie-book snobbery.

Farah

Farah