[DWJ] best books 2006, Correction

Roslyn rosgross at bigpond.net.au
Sun Dec 31 02:08:22 EST 2006

<The story is about a romance between the narrator and a man who is just
like
Cary Grant (so yes, it is based on the romance or chick-lit genre) and
deepens into what that romance really implies, and into a story about the
daughter of the lover and then a story about family and love in general. It
getsn quite serious without being weighty or losing its funny It's lots of
fun, because the narrator is a classic flim fan and drops heaps of
references to old films and actors (and music and books, though less of
those than films). Anyway, I l oved it.>

Correction:

The story is about a romance between the narrator and a man who is just like
Cary Grant (so yes, it is based on the romance or chick-lit genre) and
deepens into what that romance really implies, and into a story about the
daughter of the lover and then a story about family and love in general. It
gets quite serious without being weighty or losing its funny edge. It's lots
of fun, because the narrator is a classic film fan and drops heaps of
references to old films and actors (and music and books, though less of
those than films). Anyway, I loved it.

That's what comes of sending things off in too much of a hurry to read it
over properly!

Hmm...I almost called it a classic flim-flam!

Ros