[DWJ] Georgette and Diana...

Sally Odgers sodgers at iinet.net.au
Sat Dec 30 05:30:05 EST 2006

... both present prickly characters in families that are REAL. They both
invent self-contained worlds and make you believe in them. They both use
standards that I believe in while reading, and then realise wouldn't work
for me in the world. If I were a character in a Heyer novel, my background
would see that I was a walk-on maidservant of the bucolic variety. If I was
in one of DWJ's worlds I'd be the dull, unmagical one... unless my real-life
talents could skew off to become something akin to Sophie's.

Sallyo.