[DWJ] Attitude

Sat Dec 30 03:15:58 EST 2006

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 23:28:24 -0700, Robyn Starkey wrote:

>I think preachiness is a criticism that I make of books that tend to be
>lacking in other qualities, like the message is the only thing the book
>has going for it - no good characters or interesting plot or other
>redeeming feature. That horrible Rainbow Fish book that Melissa hates so
>much is a good example of a preachy book, plus its message SUCKS.

Because it's EVIL.   <shudder>  They put those stupid foil shiny bits on it
to hypnotize children and suck their brains out through their noses.  You
know it's true.  :)

So which is worse:  a preachy book with no other redeeming qualities, or a
well-written book that's preaching something awful?

Melissa Proffitt