[DWJ] Best Books of 2006

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Sat Dec 30 01:22:04 EST 2006

I think Bujold is very feminist in a distopian way - showing the
problems with a male dominated society, often from an external
perspective. Cordelia is a wonderfully subversive character because she
often pretends to be playing along, but really she is undermining the
patriarchy constantly.

My problem is that I cannot believe in uterine replicators the way
Bujold presents them.

robyn