[DWJ] DWJ fanfic, for those interested

Katarina Hjärpe head_overheels at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 29 15:56:38 EST 2006

>Er.  I was going to name counter examples, but all of the ones I
thought of (Robin McKinley, Diane Duane, Margaret Mahy, etc) have
very explicit in-book sexuality.  Let's see who else *doesn't*.
Joan Aiken, and I see her characters as pretty sexless.

I've never thought of DWJ's chars as particularly asexual (certainly not
Howl! And Torquil is gayer than a gay gay thing), so I'm not sure my
counter-examples would count, but still... Hm... Surely Lovis and Matt are
having mad hawt sex? Ruben and Tamar? (Merenkere and Meri-Mekhmet,
definitely.) Orddu, Orwen and ohmygod I may have to scrub my brain with
bleach before I finish that thought. ;-)

Katta