[DWJ] Best Books of 2006

Farah Mendlesohn farah.sf at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 15:35:02 EST 2006

On 28/12/06, minnow at belfry.org.uk <minnow at belfry.org.uk> wrote:

> Would it help you want to give Georgette Heyer another chance to know
> that DWJ has all of them (well, all the Regencies; her sister pinched
> the modern detective ones) and likes them?  'Cos she has and does, and
> even occasionally discusses them with other weirdoes who enjoy wromance
> that's funny.
>
> Minnow

I can't remember who it was who went around asking sf authors to name
their favourite non-sf writers and was startled to see Georgette Heyer
turning up on many, many lists (and from male writers as well as
female).

We've just done an audit  and are missing two (The Foundling and
Pistols for Two). My partner is currently reading his way through the
rest.

Farah