[DWJ] Re Melissa's list

Sally Odgers sodgers at iinet.net.au
Wed Dec 27 18:30:22 EST 2006

>It reads like a
>good first draft that needs an editor, and
SNIP
felt like--I don't know--like someone had brought me their first book and
was eagerly waiting for my reaction, and I was pleasantly surprised that it
was as good as it was.  Something like that.  I'm afraid the sequel won't be
>as good.

I know this feeling. I read a charming book called OUT OF THE ORDINARY
(Annie Dalton) years ago. It was sweet and flawed. It needed editing. I
thought - her next one will be GREAT. It wasn't. She's lost the flaws and
the sweetness with them.

She got it together later, though.

Sallyo