[DWJ] Best Books of 2006

Wed Dec 27 17:39:14 EST 2006

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 16:26:18 -0500 (EST), deborah.dwj at suberic.net wrote:

>*Best Guilty Pleasure;
>
>New Moon.  By Stephanie Meyer.
>
>This is a cheesy, schmoopy, romantic sequel to one of the
>cheesiest, schmoopiest, most romantic vampire books I've ever
>read.  My inner 16 year old devoured it like potato chips, while
>my outer grownup was disturbed at the obsessive compulsive nature
>of the heroine.

Don't blame me.  I believe I warned you all about _Twilight_.  I couldn't
bring myself to read _New Moon_--hit the description of the hero and his
"bronze hair" and had to excuse myself to have a fit of laughing.  But yes,
definitely schmoopy romance.  Sometimes it's what you need.

I promise to still respect you.  Honest.  :)

Melissa Proffitt