[DWJ] Best Books of 2006

Wed Dec 27 17:37:24 EST 2006

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 15:31:32 -0500, jack at greenmanreview.com wrote:

> > _Od Magic_, Patricia A. McKillip. One more example of how McKillip
>hasn't
>> really lost her touch, despite some stylistically beautiful novels that
>> struck me as rather shallow storytelling.
>
>Do make sure you read her Solstice Wood novel which is a sequel (sort of)
>to Winter Rose. And
>her first collection, Harrowing the Dragon, is first rate as well!

I did read _Harrowing the Dragon_ this year, but somehow I didn't realize it
was a story collection until I read it and was happily surprised.  I love
her short fiction.  What I *should* do is get around to owning some of the
recent McKillip books I loved.  My whole paltry book allowance has been
shrunk further in recent months.  I'll make a note about _Solstice Wood_,
too--thanks!

Melissa Proffitt