[DWJ] Review site again

Sally Odgers sodgers at iinet.net.au
Tue Dec 26 19:08:43 EST 2006

I can understand the "attitude" bit, it's the "style" I don't get. The
Changeover (Mahy, not DWJ) is one of the best books, stylistically speaking,
that I know, yet the reviewer says it is "weak" and that the plot is
"mediocre". I don't understand what s/he means by that. Can anyone define
"Style" for me, on his/her own terms, without recourse to looking up a
definition?

If we can come to some concensus I might begin to see what this person
means.

By the way, I see DWJ's style as being slightly abrasive, slightly acid, but
enjoyably so. Gooseberry pie, in fact.

Sallyo