[DWJ] off topic: a surprise in my library

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Sun Dec 17 11:18:11 EST 2006

This is so wonderful.  I'm in a McKinley phase at the moment, so it's
especially nifty.

Is the book any good?  Can you figure out why she got rid of it?

On Dec 16, 2006, at 10:13 AM, Gili Bar-Hillel wrote:

> I've just opened a book that I bought second hand two summers ago,
> "Pipers
> at the Gates of Dawn - The Wisdom of Children's Literature". I bought
> it
> because it looked interesting, but now for the first time I've looked
> at the
> bookplate inside, a sticker bearing the image of that famous Japanese
> drawing of a wave, that says "FROM THE LIBRARY OF: J. C. Robin
> McKinley".
> I've never seen Robin McKinley's autograph, but according to the
> internet,
> her full name is Jennifer Robin Carolyn McKinley, which could account
> for
> the J. C., no? Sharing with this list because you are more or less the
> only
> people I know who are likely to share my excitement.

There is no point in being Irish if you don't understand
that the world is going to break your heart someday.

                             - Daniel Patrick Moynihan
                                on the assassination of John F Kennedy