[DWJ] off topic: a surprise in my library

Elizabeth G. Holtrop elizabeth at bouma-holtrop.com
Sat Dec 16 12:43:59 EST 2006

I'm gleeful and I don't even own the book!  What a marvelous discovery!

EGH

Gili Bar-Hillel <gbhillel at netvision.net.il> wrote: I've just opened a book that I bought second hand two summers ago, "Pipers
at the Gates of Dawn - The Wisdom of Children's Literature". I bought it
because it looked interesting, but now for the first time I've looked at the
bookplate inside, a sticker bearing the image of that famous Japanese
drawing of a wave, that says "FROM THE LIBRARY OF: J. C. Robin McKinley".
I've never seen Robin McKinley's autograph, but according to the internet,
her full name is Jennifer Robin Carolyn McKinley, which could account for
the J. C., no? Sharing with this list because you are more or less the only
people I know who are likely to share my excitement.

Gili