[DWJ] Urgent request for suggestions

Ika Willis blake at gaudaprime.co.uk
Sun Dec 10 12:09:56 EST 2006

Robyn wrote:
> We do tend to have a lot of discussions about "worthy" books and "bad"
> books because at least some of the class would be early childhood
> educators.

which made me think - would Babette Cole (Mummy Laid An Egg, etc) be
useful? A quick scan on amazon.ca suggests she's fairly widely
available there, and she's a bit 'controversial' so she might go down
a treat in terms of worthy/bad discussions.

Otherwise, I'm currently in love with Oliver James (Baby Brains, A
Walk in the Woods) but I'm not sure he's doing anything particularly
distinctive/exciting with the medium, which I'm guessing is one of
your criteria for teaching?

love, Ika