[DWJ] Urgent request for suggestions

Roslyn rosgross at bigpond.net.au
Sun Dec 10 07:43:14 EST 2006

"Each Peach Pear Plun" (can't remember the writer just at the moment).

Graeme Base's books are fabulous (only one I can remember right now is "The
Eleventh Hour". Wonderful intricate pictures, and you have to find certain
things on each page, which solve a puzzle at the end.

Ros

<<Classics:
"Little Blue and Little Yellow" by Leo Lionni
"Elmer" by David McKee
"The Very Hungry Caterpillar" was a staple for a long time, but they've
outgrown it to a degree
Anything Dr. Seuss

Newer books:
"The Gruffalo" by Julia Donaldson
"Meet Wild Boars" by Meg Rosoff (one of my personal favorites, good and
subversive)
"Man on the Moon (a day in the life of Bob)" by Simon Bartram
 The Charlie and Lola books ("I Will Never not Ever Eat a Tomato" etc.) by
Lauren Childs
"No, David!" by David Shannon, and more recently "How I Became a Pirate"
The "Olivia" books by Ian Falconer
etc. etc.

Actually, for the past three nights we've been reading chapters from "Pippi
Longstocking" instead of the usual picture books for bedtime. I would have
thought it over their heads, especially as the translation is old-fashioned
and overly elevated, but they are given a choice each night and so far both
of them have opted to continue with Pippi...